Equipment found in this room
- A University Windows PC with keyboard and mouse, connected to the University network.
- A HDMI cable is the standard connection to allow you to connect your own laptop or other devices to display on the screen. Other video connections like VGA, USB-C or Apple Thunderbolt might be available but not are not standardised. We recommend you bring your own USB-C, Mac or iPad display adapter if required.
- Network socket to connect a laptop to the network. You will need your own network cable.
- A group of large TV screens.
- A document camera/visualiser.
- Amplifier and speakers for audio (voice, PC, laptop, external devices).
- Area microphone to record your voice using the Panopto recorder.
- Whiteboard and pens.
- Internal phone, that can be used to called ServiceLine (x25656) if you need to report a problem. Note that calls from CLS rooms are given priority if there is a queue.
By default, the lectern PC can use Panopto, Blackboard Collaborate and MS Teams.
There is a Dome Camera in the ceiling, this can be used for capturing a video feed of yourself when presenting/teaching from the front of the room. Some of the cameras are also capable of capturing the whiteboard, to find out which rooms are capable please look at our reference page here.
Please note audience facing cameras are not fitted as standard.
Most computers will have or use a standard HDMI connection for displaying its screen output, the lectern computers have a standard cable that looks like the following:
If you are using a new Apple Mac you will need to have your own USB C to HDMI type of adapter:
Using the controller
The controller looks like the following:
You can always call ServiceLine on x25656 using the phone in the room for help. But here are some simple things you can check yourself to fix the problem quickly.
CLS Main display
- Double check that you have selected the projector/display button to be on.
- Make sure you selected the correct video source (PC, laptop, HDMI etc.) using the control panel.
- On the Crestron touchscreen there is a Hide button. If it so, instead select the Show picture button.
- Make sure the cables are securely plugged into your device.
- On a laptop check you extended or duplicated the display. On a PC this is Windows + P.
- Checked the correct display input is selected on the touchscreen/control panel.
- Check that the volume on the PC or laptop turned up.
- See if the volume on the room’s control panel is turned up.
- On the Crestron touchscreen there is a Silence sound button, if so, select the Activate sound button instead.
- If you are using HDMI, try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, making sure that it is securely plugged in. Check that you have selected the correct audio output.
Revolabs wireless mic
- Press the button on the front of the microphone or the button on the charging station to un-mute the microphone. The LED on both the microphone and charging station will flash GREEN to confirm that they are connected and working.
- Press either button at any time to mute or un-mute the microphone. Remember, double-flash RED means muted, flashing GREEN means working.